Sunday, May 6, 2012

More Money

I came across this statement recently:

You can't solve poor financial management with more money.

Essentially, this statement is saying that if you can't manage $20,000 well you will not be able to manage $500,000 well either. More money is nice but it doesn't solve the underlying issue of poor money skills.

Poor money skills = poorness

I have really seen this in my own life. I always think more money will solve all my problems. But as I continue to earn more I have realized it doesn't because what needs fixing is in my mind. My emotions and thoughts have held me back and created my dysfunctional relationship with money through the years. I am just now starting to realize how complicated my relationship with money is. It rules my life. Even though I am out of debt I still struggle internally with wanting more and never being truly satisfied and wanting to just spend, spend, spend on my credit card.

I am writing today to let you know that more money is wonderful but it isn't the answer to my money insecurities within myself. I am now on a journey of understanding so I can be at peace with money and my financial resources.

I will keep posting about this journey over the next couple of weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...