Friday, January 14, 2011

Coupons

It has been a few months since I started using coupons. I can tell a difference. I have even started a coupon club with my girlfriends. We clip out coupons and send them to each other each week. My favorite places to save money are CVS with the extra care bucks, Giant they double coupons, and Target overall prices are cheaper.

Our grocery bill was about $150 a week on average and now it is around $50 to $65 a week. I would recommend coupons if you are serious about saving money on groceries. However, the process and getting started can be time consuming. I probably spend 5 to 6 hours each week on this coupon project. I think it will become easier as the months go on.

Here is my to do list:

1. Binder to organize coupons

2. Clip coupons every Saturday morning from newspaper

3. Organize clipped coupons into binder

4. Make price list- go to all of the stores that you shop at and write down the prices of the items that you purchase most often and associating prices

For instance, we could purchase Bumble Bee Tuna at CVS for 1.99 at Giant for 1.69 and Safeway for 1.99. So it is best to purchase from Giant or on sale at CVS for 66 cents when it goes that low.

I hope these tips are helping you. Best of luck. I will be back with more tips.

Best wishes,

Janie

P.S. You have come to the right place if you are looking for information about getting out of credit card debt, paying off credit card debt, money tips, or for a friendly place if you are struggling with getting out of debt.

1 comment:

  1. I have been saving so much with coupons. We used to spend $150 a week for 3 of us and our pantry would be bare at the end of the week. Now I check out Krazy Coupon Lady and Southern Savers for the weekly deals. I make my list and use the coupon match ups. I have a crazy colorful binder too.

    I would say we are spending about $100 a week now. It is about to drop off significantly because my pantry, freezer, and refrigerator are all full. Plus I have a surplus of cleaning supplies and toiletires.

    My husband and I are just starting our debt free path. Many things have sidetracked us in the past. My son has Asperger's and we had to pull him out of school, so I had to leave my Accounting job. That really set us off the path of going debt free.

    Good for you for getting out of debt. Plus in my eyes 29 is still a spring chicken.

    I am so glad you stopped by my blog and are now following me. This year I plan to make meaningful connections with my blog. You can never have too many friends!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...