Monday, March 15, 2010

What this woman said to me...

She said, "There is no money in art and artists are crazy!" I couldn't believe my ears. I couldn't believe what this woman was saying to me. She was stereotyping artists. Does she think that the employees at Apple are weird or crazy? There are many artists that work for that company are they crazy. We are surrounded by art each and everyday. I love art. I don't think that people should stereotype or go around saying that all artists are starving. Not all artists are starving.

I love art. I can't imagine our world without art. Art is everywhere (movies, music, nature, books, blogs, etc.)

Maybe some artists have made the decision to live more frugally so that they can be happy and enjoy their art. I think happiness is more important than the money you make. I realize that we all have to pay our bills. But we are also the ones in control of how we decide to live our lives. We get to pick where we want to live, the cars we drive, the food we eat, the clothes we buy, etc. So, I just feel that happiness is more important than the money you make at your job.

I have also found myself recently defining myself and self worth by my job. I am seeing this with regards to my husband. Does being unemployed change your identity? I will explore this in my next blog post...


Best wishes,

Janie

P.S. You have come to the right place if you are looking for information about getting out of credit card debt, paying off credit card debt, money tips, or for a friendly place if you are struggling with getting out of debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...