Friday, March 12, 2010

Profession & Money

Does your profession earn you a lot of money? Do you wish you made more money?

I have strong feelings about my profession, money, and happiness. I am off to work soon so I can't blog for very long but this is a hot topic for me. I went to college and picked my current profession because I thought I would make a lot of money. But did I factor in my happiness in that equation. No, I just thought of all of the toys I could buy when I was 21 and in college. I was naive and brainwashed by society/marketing that being able to buy and making good money is the ticket to happiness. THAT BELIEF IS SO NOT TRUE.

What makes me happy is being outside, doing art, blogging, spending time with family and friends? But you know what. I spend the majority of my time at my job and spending money. I am not focusing my time and energy on the things I love. Instead I am trying to keep up with the Joneses. I am trying to do what society thinks I should do instead of doing what is in my heart.

I want to be a free thinker. I feel like I am drowning in all of these emotions lately. It maybe because my husband doesn't have a job. It could be that I am no longer in my 20s and I feel that I didn't accomplish the things that I wanted to accomplish in my 20s. It could be that I am very harsh on myself.

These thoughts will continue....

Plus I do want to blog about something a woman said to me recently that triggered anger inside of me. It was about art and making money.

To be continued in the next blog post...

Best wishes,

Janie

P.S. You have come to the right place if you are looking for information about getting out of credit card debt, paying off credit card debt, money tips, or for a friendly place if you are struggling with getting out of debt.

1 comment:

  1. i can tell you i simply love what i do and do what i love ..... i went to school years ago and got my nursing degree and i can't tell you how blessed i am because of it .... not only did it afford me a very decent salary it also encouraged me to take care of myself physically emotionally and mostly spiritually ..... i do believe when a persons spirit is dead they begin to wither away ...... i also have opened 2 business' which spun off my creativity ( something nurses need to pursue because of all the stress .... it is great to see that you are financially debt free...... we will soon have our mortgage paid off and then we will be debt free as well .... wish i could say that about my sister( shopping addiction ) : (

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...