Monday, March 8, 2010

Identity Issues

I am beginning to believe that ALL of my previous money troubles and current spending revolve around an identity issue. I am seeing this all of the time. I base my self esteem and self worth off of other people. I constantly compare my insides with others outsides and possessions. I know that I shouldn't do this but I do it anyway.

I still don't know who I am or what I value most of the time with regards to spending money. I know that I am debt free now but that still doesn't help this identity situation that I have. I just don't feel good in my own skin all of the time. Maybe a lot of people compare themselves to me. On the outside I appear to have it "all" together. But inside I feel like a mess most days.

I want to make more money or have more things and then I think I will be happy. But I don't know if that will be the case. I thought that if I made above $50,000 I would be happy, I thought that if I purchased a car of my dreams I would be happy, I thought if I got married and had a picture perfect marriage I would be happy, etc. Instead all I feel is momentary satisfaction and then I am off to the next goal. It is as if I have this running check list for my life. Now, I want children so all I can think about is babies! When will this treadmill end? I think it will end when I get off the treadmill. How in the world do I get off the treadmill and still feel satisfied with life?

I feel like a lot of people are on the treadmill. Actually, I think I fear finding my true self and then it not being in line with what society (or what I think society) demands of me. Maybe it is all the marketing that is making me feel miserable.

Does anyone else out there feel this same way? I am really looking for responses here because I want to know how to "cure" this identity issue.


Best wishes,

Janie

P.S. You have come to the right place if you are looking for information about getting out of credit card debt, paying off credit card debt, money tips, or for a friendly place if you are struggling with getting out of debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...