Sunday, February 21, 2010

What is triggering me about money?

First, I want to say "thank you" for all of the well wishes about my husband's job situation. You are the sweetest blog readers ever! I really appreciate all of your comments and emails. It means a lot and I will keep you all posted.

SO, why is money driving me crazy lately? Why do I feel anger about money lately?

Honestly, I don't know. I know that probably wasn't the answer you were expecting but today I just don't know. I am going to make a list and think about it some more. Here are some general thoughts:

  • For a long time I have felt the need to fit in by spending money and eventually getting myself into debt. I get lost in the social programming and many marketing messages in society.
  • I had a lack of money education as a child.
  • I had a lack of "real world" skills- how to live in society as a successful adult?
  • I don't feel perfect enough. My house isn't perfect enough, clothes aren't perfect enough, body isn't perfect enough, etc. I was spending to fill this need.
  • I think it comes down to need. Money fills a need for me. I think it is filling the need of security and self worth for myself.
  • I need money to feel secure. But what happens if I lost all of my money? Would I still love myself?
  • The money I have in the bank is just a number. It doesn't determine who I am as a person. That amount of money is a number. The real reason I am here is to find myself, love myself, and help others in the process.

To be continued...

Best wishes,

Janie

P.S. You have come to the right place if you are looking for information about getting out of credit card debt, paying off credit card debt, money tips, or for a friendly place if you are struggling with getting out of debt.

2 comments:

  1. You are so honest and awesome and I'm so glad you choose to share your struggles and triumphs with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janie...Thank you so much for posting this on your blog. I also struggle with the aspects on Money like you do! I think sometimes it is the only way I fit in, therefore, I am in horrible debt. I found your blog thru Kelly's Korner and appreciate you posting.

    I hope I can become as strong as you are in your endevor. But at this time I am also dealing with several struggles as you are...my husband and I are getting "Divorced" and I feel all alone once again! But I am going to try to drowned myself with great people so I can keep my head up!

    Thanks once again!!!!

    Kristin
    kkeaster@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...