SO, why is money driving me crazy lately? Why do I feel anger about money lately?
Honestly, I don't know. I know that probably wasn't the answer you were expecting but today I just don't know. I am going to make a list and think about it some more. Here are some general thoughts:
- For a long time I have felt the need to fit in by spending money and eventually getting myself into debt. I get lost in the social programming and many marketing messages in society.
- I had a lack of money education as a child.
- I had a lack of "real world" skills- how to live in society as a successful adult?
- I don't feel perfect enough. My house isn't perfect enough, clothes aren't perfect enough, body isn't perfect enough, etc. I was spending to fill this need.
- I think it comes down to need. Money fills a need for me. I think it is filling the need of security and self worth for myself.
- I need money to feel secure. But what happens if I lost all of my money? Would I still love myself?
- The money I have in the bank is just a number. It doesn't determine who I am as a person. That amount of money is a number. The real reason I am here is to find myself, love myself, and help others in the process.
To be continued...Best wishes,
P.S. You have come to the right place if you are looking for information about getting out of credit card debt, paying off credit card debt, money tips, or for a friendly place if you are struggling with getting out of debt.