Saturday, February 20, 2010

A personal story to share...

I want you to know about something that I have been struggling with lately. It is a long story so I am going to break it up into different blog posts.

I will first start by saying that my husband lost his job yesterday. Yes, the reality of unemployment hit home last night. I was physically ill. I couldn't sleep and my head was hurting so badly. I didn't know what to do with myself. But that is only part of everything that has happened to me this year.

I took a long walk this morning and cried the entire time. I cried so hard that I couldn't even see straight at times. I finally found a bench in a near by park to just sit and cry some more. I was praying so hard for everything in my life but most of all strength and guidance in my time of need. I felt so lonely on that park bench and I didn't want to talk to anyone but GOD. So, I started talking and crying some more. It was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life to date. How does this story end? Well, I was alone and then a man with a dog come into the park and the man asks if I need help. I told him that I was okay and just needed to be by myself. He said, "ok" and walked away. I then told him how much I appreciated his concern and he said "I need to have a good cry too every now and then." It was just what I needed at that moment. GOD is good.

Next, I have discovered that I still have a very twisted relationship with money. Even though my debt problems are over I am still not okay with my relationship with money. I will describe in more detail in my upcoming posts. I am going to use this as my journal right now and hopefully you will learn from what I am going through right now.

My main purpose of this blog is to share and learn about money and it touches everyone and everything in your life. I think one of the best gifts you can give yourself is figuring out your own relationship with money. I am going to attempt to get to the heart of the issue. So, I will have peace with money and possessions.

Thanks for listening today my wonderful blog readers. My husband and I will be okay and we will figure out his whole job situation. Now, I really understand how others in America are feeling about being unemployed and the fears associated with that predicament.

To be continued...

Best wishes,

Janie

P.S. You have come to the right place if you are looking for information about getting out of credit card debt, paying off credit card debt, money tips, or for a friendly place if you are struggling with getting out of debt.

2 comments:

  1. Hey. I found your blog thru Kelly's Korner. Just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your husband. I recently lost my great paying job back in Jan and I am still unemployed. It was very unexpected and I haven't even been able to blog about it. I sure hope your husband finds another job soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janie: I am so sorry to hear about your hubby. I hope he doesn't have the time my BF is going through. It's been almost a year for him and he has yet to find a job that will pay almost as close to what he was making in the previous years. I can offer 1 piece of advice and that is to keep encouraging him b/c it is really rough.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...