Monday, January 25, 2010

Food For Thought....

About aging and your finances.



I am reading Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert and I found this passage very interesting for a variety of reasons. In her book on page 192 she says:



"But here's what the researchers did discover that makes elderly women miserable across the board: poverty and poor health. Whether you have children or not, then, the prescription seems clear: Save your money, floss your teeth, wear your seat belt, and keep fit - and you'll be a perfectly happy old bird someday, I guarantee you."



Here are the valuable priorities:



1. Take care of your health

2. Save your money, pay off debt, and control your spending



I just thought this was very interesting and I am glad that I read this at 29 and not 59. Now, I have time to do something about my health and financial situation (save a lot for retirement).



Best wishes,

Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...