Sunday, January 24, 2010

#5 Sucker to Marketing

#5 Sucker to Marketing

When I was in debt I would get sucked into all of the marketing?! Does this happen to you? If a product was new or had new packaging I would have to try it. I couldn't stop myself. The novelty of the product had me "sold" and I would just put it on my credit card. I would purchase everything at the end of check out counters. It was like I needed to try out these new products. I was a marketers dream. I got sucked right into buying these products that companies spent millions on research and advertising for people just like me.

Now, I don't get sucked into buying just anything because it is "new" or "cool" instead I buy it if it lines up with my values. My desires and wants that I have spent years trying to figure out.

If you want to test this out yourself. Look at the check out areas at the stores your frequent. You will see a lot of little items near the check out area that you will pick up while you are waiting in line. The marketers are hoping you will buy these items.

I would recommend bringing something to read with you or picking up a magazine to look at while you are waiting in line. This way you will not be tempted to look at everything and potentially buy more stuff while waiting in line.

Best wishes,

Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...