Monday, January 11, 2010

21 Day Financial Fast

Have you heard of this concept before? During this 21 day financial fast you will not shop or use your credit cards. For three weeks you need to refrain from buying anything that isn't a necessity such as food and medicine.

Do you think you can do this? I know this can be hard but it is only for three weeks and it will help determine what really is a need vs. a want.

I also have a little story about a close friend of mine. She is so in debt that she only has $100 to live off of for the next two weeks. Have you ever been in a situation like this before? She has paid all of her debt and her mortgage payment and that is all she has to live on. This breaks my heart and it makes me worried that some of you that read my blog may be in the same sort of situation.

If you are maybe you can find a friend to help you out or go to a church. For my friend I am buying her food for the next two weeks because I don't want her to go hungry. Maybe someone close to you can help you out like this.

Best wishes,

Janie

3 comments:

  1. You must be reading my mind and sadly to admit, I am in the same situation. But I can make that $100 stretch for the next week (it's actually down to $50). I have plenty of food, no reason to shop and my only excursion will be $10 to see a play on Saturday.

    I have to learn to be responsbile and accountable for my own money - no one got me in the situation I am in but myself and I am the only one who can get out of it.

    Thanks Janie for this post. I am sorry your friend is having a rough time. If I can do anything to help, please let me know - I have plenty of coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in this position and with proper money management you can really make that $100 stretch far, $100 is actually a lot of money if you are not buying food but what you need like milk, etc. Stay strong and keep positive is what I have to continue to tell myself over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great feedback. I will have my friend read this post.

    Best wishes,

    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...