Sunday, October 4, 2009

Self-Control and Money

A lot of my past personal money problems stem from a lack of self control. I prefer "weakness of will" but really they pretty much mean the same thing. My natural impulsivity got me into this mess. I would let my desires at the present moment get in the way of my future goals.

You may ask, "how do you finally over come this?"

Two things:

1. My husband is a saver. He means the world to me and I wouldn't want to do anything to damage our relationship so I have to control my impulses. Oh sure it is hard. It is very hard in fact but I don't want to be dishonest in my marriage and hide charges. I have a lot of respect for my husband so this puts my self control in check.

2. My faith. I think about all of the people out there who don't have as much as me and realize that I really don't need all of that fancy stuff that I see on TV. I have been blessed with my education and my mind. I see the beauty in everything. I don't need a lot of stuff to make me happy and I don't need a lot of stuff to impress others.

I had to shift my thinking. Since I have been out of debt I look at the world differently. I look at the world with positive eyes and positive beliefs. I have to because my negative way of thinking was hurting me and my finances.

I hope this helps you. How do you create self control for yourself?

Best wishes,

Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...