Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Holiday Gift Ideas- Part I

This is Part I of my gift giving series for those of us on a budget or in debt this holiday season. It is time to get creative with gifts for our family and friends. We love them and want to put in extra thought this year. Right?! It is going to be wonderful.





Part I- 5 Gift Ideas for Under $5.00



1. For the caffeine lovers in your life- Starbucks VIA Ready Brew or (Note: On the website the price is $9.95, however, if you purchase them at your local Starbucks you can get a pack of three for $2.95. This is the price at mine but it may differ depending on where you live.)



2. For those paper & pen note writers in your life- Return Address Labels starting at $3.99 and Note Pads starting at $4.49 (Note: Remember to factor in shipping and any taxes into your cost).



3. For those who need a mini calendar- go here these are as low as $3.49.



4. For those who like candles and a nice smelling house- you can get tart and votive candles at Yankee Candles for under $2.



5. For those who love sweets- make some cookies, candy, or buy them from the grocery store but make sure all the ingredients are within your budget. You could also have a baking party with a friend and split the grocery bill. This way you save money on groceries and make memories and with your friend while baking.


You can also write a hand written letter of love and appreciation. I know for me a hand written note is very meaningful. It shows that you care and that you took the time to write it.


Another idea is to provide a FREE service to them like you clean their car, babysit their children for an evening, set up a free blog service for them, etc.


Next up will be Holiday Gift Ideas for Under $10, $15, $25, and $50. Happy Holiday Planning! I sincerely hope this series is helpful to you with ideas and to curb any holiday anxiety.



Best wishes,


Janie


P.S. I have received numerous emails about how you can monetarily contribute to this site. I am deeply touched. However, at this time I am not accepting donations. If you want to contribute or if a loved is planning on purchasing their gifts from Amazon this year have them click on this link here:





I will get a percentage of whatever is purchased. That is very thoughtful that you are thinking of me like that. I do spend hours on this blog and I know you all can tell! Thanks again you are all so wonderful for thinking of me in that way!

P.S.S. If you are reading this in Google Reader you may need to come to my actual site to get to some of the links in this blog post.

3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful gift ideas. Also, while I was reading Apartment Therapy yesterday I ran across an article on how to make notepads from leftover paper, old photos and postcards. Here's the link: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/sf/how-to/how-to-repurpose-photos-make-pretty-paper-pads--099739

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janie! Thank you SO much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I wanted to let you know that I bought my painting from an artist on ebay, not etsy. :) I am so glad you like it. It is much prettier in person!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi TexNYQueen,

    Thanks for this great idea and link I am going to check it out now.

    Best wishes,

    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...