The following 10 traits can make you rich! How about that to start a blog post off? I found these traits in an article on TheStreet.com.
The 10 traits are:
1. Patience: is one of the most important traits when it comes to saving money. You need to wait until something you want fits into your budget or you save up for it. Therefore, you save for something instead of immediately putting it on your credit card.
2. Satisfaction: when you are satisfied there is no reason to spend money on non essentials. Once you are satisfied with your life and what you have you will no longer feel the need to live like those on TV. Your finances will be in better shape too!
3. Organization: an important key to success. Every highly successful person that I know is organized with their time, money, and life.
4. Discipline: you need the discipline to continue to pay down debt and save for those long-term goals. Many people really struggle with the discipline and sticking to something part. This is what sets the successful individuals apart from all the rest.
5. Reflectiveness: it is important to be able to reflect on your decisions and determine if the consequences were a good thing or not.
6. Creativity: thinking "outside the box" is important because sometimes circumstances come up and you need this creative thought to change a situation around for the better.
7. Curiosity: having curiosity helps you learn, grow, study and improve yourself.
8. Risk-Taking: to build wealth you need to learn to take some risks. Just not too much risk!
9. Goal-Oriented: you need future goals because if you don't know where you are going then how are you going to get there in the first place.
10. Hard-and Smart-Working: creating wealth, staying out of debt, and getting out of debt requires a lot of hard work!
Do you already possess some or many of these traits? If so, then I would say you are well on your way to financial freedom. I personally have a hard time with the whole patience thing!