Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dinner For Four Under $10

I am excited because today is show us your favorite recipes over at Kelly's Korner Blog.  I love reading People magazine so I was pleasantly surprised to find this section, "Dinner For Four Under $10" towards the back of the magazine.


It is Gazpacho my favorite go to dish!

5 very ripe beefsteak tomatoes, plus 1 cut into 1/4 inch cubes set aside

2 large English cucumbers, plus 1 cut into 1/4 in cubes set aside

2 jalapenos, seeded and stemmed

1 small red onion, plus 1 cut into 1/4 inch cubes set aside

2 slices day-old white bread, plus 3 slices cut into 1/2 inch croutons and toasted in extra virgin olive oil in pan until deep golden brown

3 cloves garlic, peeled

1 cup ice plus 1/2 cup water

4 tbsp. red wine vinegar

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more to drizzle

Salt and pepper

1. Core and seed tomatoes. Peel and seed cucumbers. Stem and seed the peppers. Tear two slices of bread into pieces. Combine vegetable, bread and liquids in food processor and process until almost smooth; season with salt and ground pepper.

2. Pour soup into a pitcher, cover and refrigerate until very cold. Toast remaining bread in the oven with olive oil to get deep golden brown croutons. Place croutons, bell peppers and cucumber garnishes in small bowls with garnish bowls on the side and drizzle each serving with a little more extra virgin olive oil.

I know what I am having tonight for dinner. Would you consider making this dish? Do you want me to continue posting meals for 4 under $10?

Best wishes,

Janie

4 comments:

  1. this sounds so yummy!! Love cheap and good meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! For leaving your comment. I love to find cheap and good meals as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your blog idea is a great one. Who wouldn't love a great-tasting, economical dish? Thanks for sharing. I would love for you to join me at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesday. Come check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    THanks for letting me know about the Crock Pot Wednesday. I will have to check it out!

    Have a great weekend.

    Best wishes,

    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...