Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Could I have been anyone other than me..

Could I have been
A parking lot attendant
Could I have been
A millionaire in Bel Air
Could I have been Lost somewhere in Paris
Could I have been
Your little brother
Could I have been
Anyone other than me...

The other day I was jamming out to my favorite tunes on my play list when BAM it happened! A particular song was just singing to me. Does that ever happen to you? You hear a song on the radio and you just feel like the singer is singing it to you. Or it takes you back in time?

Anyway, that happened to me the other day. You could say I was in one of those reflecting on my life moments. I can’t believe how far I have come and changed in a few years. Of course, there were good times and bad times but oh how sweet life really is.

The song is Dancing Nancies by the Dave Matthews Band. It talks about being anyone other than me. In the song, it says “could I have been anyone other than me. “


That is my question for today- What would it be like if you were anyone other than yourself?

For me, my life wouldn’t be my life. I wouldn’t be writing this blog. I wouldn’t be me. The world would never know me.
So, I am going to be thankful for all of those years of digging out of debt because I have this blog now. I am able to help you all. I am able to give back all that I have learned. But for all of those nights I just wanted to give up, cry, scream, make the pain go away, it has been so worth it. Life is so sweet now.
I will leave you with this statement- there are years that will take away and deplete you completely and then there will be years that give and give you abundantly. God never wastes pain.

I pray each and every day for those on my prayer list. You can see the list here.
Please don’t give up, you are doing so well, and you are learning so much. That is the most important part.

What are you grateful for these days? Do you think you will be stronger for all of your debt and struggles in years to come?

Best wishes,

Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...