Friday, September 25, 2009

98 Days Left in 2009- Getting Out of Debt Challenge

98 Days Left in 2009

Activity #98

This activity will take you about 30 minutes to complete.

Write out 5 steps that will help you attain your getting out of debt goal.

Example:
1. Get a second job.
2. Sell items around the house on eBay.
3. Stop smoking (save the money you would spend on a pack of cigarettes).
4. Automatically pay $3 a day towards your debt.
5. Stop using your credit cards.

Write these steps down on a piece of paper and put this in a place where you will see it every morning and evening before going to bed.

Next, come back here and put your 5 steps that will help you attain your getting out of debt goal in the comments section. You can leave an anonymous comment if you would like. This way you are making your steps publicly known and this will make you more accountable because other people know your steps now. I promise that extra accountability will keep you on track and moving forward.

Best wishes,

Janie

7 comments:

  1. Stop using the credit cards is the best thing ever. When you get a statement with no new purchases, it's like losing weight, it feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 items, not 5, that I need to adhere to:
    1. use the envelope method - spend that and nothing more.

    2. clean my house. no clutter in a comfy home means Im less likely to leave and go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Get a second job.
    2. Sell unused items around the house or crafts that I make.
    3. Stop using credit cards.
    4. Start saving all loose change and at the end of the month cash it in and use towards my debt.
    5. Get organized with my bills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1- remove all credit cards from wallet
    2- take lunch to work daily
    3- create and stick to budget
    4- put money in savings account every month to reduce need for credit cards
    5- all money from over time goes to discover card bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi TexNYQueen,

    This is a great list. Thanks so much for participating in the challenge. I like the envelope method. However, I also like to get gift cards for say Starbucks at the beginning of the month and then I load $15.00. That is all I am allowed to spend for that month at Starbucks. This way I know my limit and stay within my budget.

    Best wishes,

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jonnie,

    Love this list! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge. You are totally on your way to a debt free life with that list.

    Best wishes,

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Angela,

    Thanks for your participation. This is a wonderful list. I know you will be so happy with these goals.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Best wishes,

    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...