Monday, September 28, 2009

95 Days In 2009- Getting Out of Debt Challenge

95 Days Left in 2009


Activity #95


This activity will take you about 30 minutes to complete.


Write down how you feel when you are spending money.

Example:

I feel anxious when I spend money on myself because I feel like I should be spending money for someone else in my family. I also know that I have a lot of bills to pay so buying something for myself takes away from paying the bills. This ends up making me feel bad about myself. I know it shouldn't but it does.

Please come back and share how you feel about spending money. We are all learning so much from each other. I am getting emails daily about how much this is helping and how much you all are having fun with this activity. I am so happy!

Best wishes,



Janie

4 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, if I'm not spending money to pay bills, then I feel horrible. I rarely ever buy myself anything I need because I feel like the money should go somewhere else. And on the rare occassions that I actually do have the extra money to spend I feel the need to spend it on others, not myself. I've just now started noticing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way when I buy myself anything except food at the grocery store. It feels like stealing from the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I typically think it over a while before buying something. If it is for me, I always feel bad afterward if it is something I don't 100% need. But as long as I am not paying for it with a credit card I feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonnie, John, and Angela,

    Thanks so much for participating. You all did such a good job with this activity. I think a lot of us have guilt around spending money for ourselves. I know I am going to try to work on this. I think I will give myself $50 every six months to go buy something guilt free.

    Best wishes,

    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...