Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Step 1- Of Getting Out of Debt

Step 1: Moment of Truth


"One of the great surprises I met with, in connection with my research, is that so few people are willing to hear the truth when it shows up their own weaknesses. We prefer illusions to realities!"

~ Napoleon Hill


The Moment of Truth is the first step in Janie's 6 Step Plan for Getting Out of Debt.

This is the moment when you determine just how much debt you are truly in. You can no longer hide behind the mountain of endless debt anymore. You have to be honest and truthful with yourself.

You may feel raw and ashamed inside after discovering just how much debt you are in. Or you may feel relieved because you aren't in as much debt as you had originally thought. Whatever, your outcome maybe this moment is for exposure to the truth about your financial situation.

This is the first step in taking personal responsibility and feeling more in control. Now, that you know the truth about your situation you can do something about it. You are getting one step closer to a debt free life.

If you have been reading my blog for awhile you know that I have action steps at the end of some of my posts. These are questions and activities for you to think about and write about in a journal. By answering these questions and keeping a journal you will be able to identify your strengths and weaknesses in your thoughts, budget, and life. It will give you greater clarity and truth about yourself.

Here are the previous blog posts that you can journal about to discover your moment of truth about your finances:

1. What was your first experience with credit cards?

Janie's Answer

2. Who taught you about money?

Janie's Answer

3. When did you realize you were in debt?

Janie's Answer

4. How does the debt make you feel?

Janie's Answer

P.S. This list will continue to grow because of the evolving nature of this process and the Janie Out of Debt Blog.

You are on your way to finding your moment of truth. You are doing a great job!

Best wishes,


Janie

2 comments:

  1. I found my moment of truth. It's $37,590.23. So now I make my plan and my visual. AND thanks for visiting my blog. I basically read your entire blog in 2 days because I wanted to be current as you make new post! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I know for me that was the scariest part of the whole getting out of debt journey, just totaling it all up. It's hard now to remember what it was like not knowing my total debt. To date my family has paid of $100k with just a little more to go. I keep spreadsheets and charts of what we owe and how far we've come. Thanks for the open, honest posts!
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...