Monday, August 10, 2009

Part 2- Reviewing Your Goal

What do you do next with your goal?

If you need a refresher on writing, a getting out of debt, goal you can go to my previous post- Part 1- Writing a Getting Out of Debt Goal.

Next, you will want to employ a practice of refreshing your mind with your goal each day. This can be done in a variety of ways. You just want to make sure that you keep that goal in the forefront of your mind each day. Otherwise, you may lose sight of your goal and give up on the goal all together.

So, lets talk about some ways to keep those goals in front of you until you reach them! Yes, we all want to get out of debt.

Personally, I would read my getting out of debt goal each morning and evening before going to bed. I also had my getting out of debt goal on a sticky note. This note was attached to my credit card in my wallet. This way I would see my goal before I would use my credit card. It made me stop and think before purchasing something.

Here are some other ways of keeping your goals in front of you:
  • Use a digital photo frame to display photos of your goals.

  • Post your goals on your desktop background.

  • Write your goals on paper and post them everywhere.

  • Create a collage of your goals. Below is a picture of my current goals that I am saving up for now.

My current goal is to save up and purchase the Canon- PowerShot camera, a 17- inch MacBook Pro, and a KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender by December 25, 2011. I have this goal collage as my background on my desktop computer and now on my blog for the world to see!

I know these are big ticket items that I am saving up for now. However, the key words in that sentence are "saving up for" and this is a big change for me. I never saved up for anything in my previous debt consumed life. I would just buy and do everything on impulse. I had no self control. I just wanted and then I would go out and buy. So, "saving up for something" is a huge accomplishment for me.


To review:

#1 Write a SMART goal like- It is October 3, 2011, and I have just paid off 4 credit cards totaling $10,000.

#2 Keep your goal in front of you and your mind

Best wishes,

Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...