Wednesday, August 19, 2009

On Demand Vacations- Absolutely Free!

I would like to talk about taking mini-body vacations when you are dealing with your debt and stress. These body vacations are totally free and they occur in your own mind.

I love to go on vacations but can't afford to go very often. Partly, due to budget constraints but also due to the amount of vacation time I have at work. Right now because of the economy I am not planning any vacations.

I first usually start my vacation each day by visiting-

Bing: http://www.bing.com/. I love the photography on Bing and I love that you can learn something new about a new place. This is also part of my journey to learn as much about the world as I can.

Then I take a beach vacation in mind everyday! I know this may sound cheesy to some but it works. I instantly feel like I am at the beach by recalling all of the sensations I feel, smells I smell, and sights I see all while I am on a beach vacation.

Here goes if you want to take a beach vacation with me today-

1. Close your eyes.
2. Picture yourself at the beach.
3. Feel the sand.
4. Take note of the warm temperature of the sand.
5. What do you smell? What do you see?
6. Allow yourself to be fully present at the beach in your own mind.
7. Breathe deeply in and out and just transport yourself to that warm beautiful beach. I feel it right now as I am typing this blog post.

Here is a link to some great beach photography if you need a visual to get you started. You will have to scroll down the page to get to some beach pictures.

http://angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/2009_07_01_archive.html

If you feel like you don't have 10 minutes to do this mini-body vacation then you are the person who needs it the most. I was just like that. I was running all over the place and didn't believe that I ever had time to slow down. I needed it the most let me tell you!

This is now my "me" time and I take my mini-body vacation everyday. You could say I am now a believer of this free vacation. I hope you have fun with this activity. Oh, it doesn't have to be the beach. It can be somewhere else as well.

Best wishes,

Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...