Thursday, August 6, 2009

My inexpensive wedding cake alternative...

For the past two weeks, I have been participating in "Show us your life" over at Kelly's Korner blog. It has been a lot of fun so I am going to continue to participate in these blog hops on Fridays. I thought we could make Fridays a fun day to try out new things around here at Janie Out of Debt.

My husband and I love cake so that was the item we splurged on in our wedding budget. Our guests loved us for it too! I have never received so many compliments on food and especially wedding cake.

In my opinion, wedding cake is usually just awful and dry or at least all of the weddings I have attended. Shhhh....don't tell my friends. But not this cake from Just Cakes in Bethesda, Maryland. Just Cakes is absolutely fabulous and I highly recommend this bakery. The owner is very sweet as well.

We provided the red roses to the bakery and while setting up the cake they placed the roses around and on top of the cake.


Previous Posts from my Wedding:


#1 Wedding Dress: http://janieoutofdebt.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-inexpensive-wedding-dress.html


#2 Wedding Flowers: http://janieoutofdebt.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-inexpensive-wedding-flowers.html



A cost effective alternative to wedding cake can be.....



CUPCAKES!


You could have a few friends or family members make the cupcakes and decorate them with white icing and stick premade sugar flowers on them (refer to picture above).

Do-It-Yourself Cupcake Stand



Then put them on this cute cupcake stand. Learn how to make this DIY cupcake stand at Cake Journal. This is a cute idea for baby showers and kids birthday parties too!



Popular Janie Out of Debt Posts:
6 Step Plan for Getting Out of Debt
Did I shop for retail therapy?
Are my friends toxic and getting me into debt?
Was I intimidated by money?

Do you like the cupcake idea? Or do you prefer a traditional wedding cake instead? Leave a comment I would love to hear from you.


Best wishes,

Janie


P.S. I recommend the book The Conscious Bride for all brides to be. A friend gave it to me as a wedding shower gift and it was the best book. I loved it. Her writing style calmed me down during all the wedding planning and preparation. It is a must read for all brides to be.


5 comments:

  1. Your wedding cake was beautiful! And I also love the cupcake idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kathleen. I love the cupcake stand. I am thinking about using that stand idea when I have kids. For kids birthday parties and other fun gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake was beautiful. I love cupcakes, but I still like a traditional cake for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cupcakes are a cute idea!
    Lovely cake!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...