Sunday, August 30, 2009

How do you get out of debt quickly?

I received the following question in my email the other day and I think it is best to answer it here. The question is “How do you get out of debt quickly?”

Honestly, I don’t know if it is possible to get out of debt quickly unless you win the lottery or a windfall of money lands in your lap because of an inheritance. Otherwise, it just takes time and a lot of hard work. I know this isn’t the glamorous answer you were looking for. But it is the honest truth.

It is a lot faster to get into debt than dig yourself out of debt. The same goes for gaining weight. Isn’t it always easier to gain weight? And then it takes you months or even years to get that weight off. Getting out of debt requires that same hard work and time commitment.

The hard work that is required to understand money and debt is by far the best gift you can give yourself. If you don’t understand money and how to keep money than you will probably blow through that lottery winning or inheritance real quick.

Just take one day at a time, work hard, pay your bills, continue reading my blog, believe in yourself and enjoy your life you are on your way…

Thank you for sending me questions and comments. If you have other questions that you would like me to answer just send them over to me (via email or leave a comment).

Best wishes,

Janie

5 comments:

  1. Finely said. I love that you always say you have to believe in yourself! That's very important! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jonnie! I believe that you can do anything if you believe in yourself. I know that from experience because I had low self esteem when I was younger. Once I started to believe in myself it seemed like anything and everything was possible. The doors of opportunity just started to open up for me.

    I want everyone who reads my blog to feel important and special because everyone is such a gift to this world. We all bring unique gifts and every single person deserves to feel special and loved! I love life and I love all people and I love this blog.

    I hope you all had a great weekend! Thank you for continuing to read my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be awesome if we could get out of debts quickly! But trustees and credit companies and banks wouldn't be happy! LOL!!! They love when we pay interests and extra fees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Marie you are correct. That is how they make their money with interest and extra fees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blog! I saw it at Google and I must say that entries are well thought of. I will be coming back to see more posts soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...