Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Getting Out of Debt Rule #3

Rule #3: You gotta stop those inexpensive daily habits.



You may be saying, "What this doesn't make sense?" Let me explain by using the vending machine as an example. Say you spend $3.00 every single day of the year at the vending machine. That is 365 days x $3.00 = $1,095.00 in a year.


That $1,095.00 used at the vending machine could have been put towards a credit card balance or in an emergency savings account during that year.

Yep, those tiny expenses do surprisingly add up to a big amount.

Now, think about some of your daily habits that you could cut out of your routine.

Getting Out of Debt Rule #1

Getting Out of Debt Rule #2

I am participating in Works For Me Wednesday over at We Are That Family with my getting out of debt rules. I hope you enjoy!

Best wishes,

Janie

Janie's Book Nook- you can buy it from Amazon by clicking here now: The Richest Man in Babylon

The vending machine image from above is from Freewebs.

9 comments:

  1. Another habit I'm working on cutting out is parking at work. I pay for parking at a commuter lot which is $3 a day. There are days when I really don't feel like taking the train and I'll drive to work, that's $12 a day - ouch or park at the local museum (which I did today) which is $3 a day.

    Seems odd to pay to come to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your visit! I will follow your site as I'm pretty sure I will find MANY good ideas to finally be debt free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It is so interesting that you commented on my blog today. Our church just started the Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey and your blog has already been inspiring! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for commenting today. I love hearing from you!

    Amy, I will have to check out Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey. I haven't heard of that book before. Also, I would love to know more about what your church is doing.

    Thank you all so much for the support and prayers and prayer requests that are coming in. My heart is so full of love and hope for you all.

    Best wishes,

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janie,

    Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad I found your blog... 29 and debt free? Color me 30 and super jealous. I'm definitely going to read up on all your resources.

    Again, nice to meet you!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great tip and one I have not seen popularized nearly enough! So many people buy a paper cup of coffee for $1.50-$3 on their way to work every day, when they could make coffee in the office for much less...and it would be easier on the environment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cutting habits is a awesome way another great way it to pay the bills a little different. To fully understand check out www.disciplinenow.com Love the blog Janie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...