Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Was I willing to work hard?

Was I will to work hard? Yes, I was willing to work hard and this is the reason why I am debt free now. It was hours of extra work at my job, working on my self, soul searching, and working a second job to pay the bills. To this day, I believe the hardest work that I had to do was on myself. For me, going to work was easy and paying bills was easy. The hard part was the discipline, learning about my spending habits, and then ultimately changing those bad habits to become debt free. So, yes if you are really serious about wanting to get out of debt you have to be willing to work hard. It is one of the main ingredients. I think Benjamin Franklin said it best in his book The Way To Wealth when he stated, "There are no gains without pains..."



Was I willing to make sacrifices to get out of debt? Yes, I had to make sacrifices and this was so hard for me. I didn't want to give up anything. I liked getting my hair highlighted, manicures, pedicures, going out, eating out, etc. But if I was going to get out of debt I had to cut back. I had to constantly remind myself that I was giving up now so that I could have freedom and more in the future. The "more" I got now isn't stuff or material possession the "more" is myself and my freedom. I found out what was important to me: that is my time, my mind, my family, my pets and my friends. Just as a side note, if you are a pet lover they can be the best medicine for helping you get out of debt. I would just sit and play with my cat and it would instantly make me feel better and my worries would just melt away. If you have a pet or are a pet lover I would suggest spending time with your animals during this difficult time of getting out of debt. They will love your attention and you will get so much back in return. I promise!

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I hope that you are doing well and these questions are helping you. Please let me know if you ever have any questions. You can leave a comment or email me. I am always available.

Action Items:



1. What is the definition of debt?



2. What is your definition of debt?



Best wishes,



Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...