Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Did I shop for retail therapy?

Did I shop for retail therapy? I absolutely loved to shop. As a little girl, I was brought up to believe that shopping was a sport. It was something that I did for fun and enjoyment. I would go shopping if I was bored, it was raining outside, or just for fun. I can't tell you how many memories I have going to Tyson's Corner Mall in Virginia with my mom and grandmother. Shopping shaped my childhood and early adulthood. The retail therapy shopping began after a break up with an ex-boyfriend. I was so sad that I just went shopping and I just couldn't stop. I felt like the only thing that could make me feel better was another pair of shoes. I would need a new pair of shoes after a bad date or break up. So, I used shopping as a way to calm me down and make myself feel better. But at the time I had no idea what it was doing to my wallet.



How did I feel when I was buying something? In the past, when I would buy something it felt like a total adrenaline rush. I couldn't get enough of it. It was like a drug that felt so good inside. I just needed those new shoes or clothes so badly. Those possessions defined who I was and the image that I was building at the time.

Action Items:



1. Are you willing to work hard?



2. Are you willing to make sacrifices to get out of debt?



Best wishes,



Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...