Monday, June 8, 2009

Who I am? Who I am not?

Today, I am participating at Kelly's Korner Ministry blog post.

Who I am? I am a 29 year old gal who graduated in 2003 with a business degree from a state university. Since graduation I have been working full time as a consultant making a decent living with no additional sources of income (a.k.a mom and dad). I grew up in an upper middle class neighborhood and I was unfortunately given my first credit card (with no instructions on how to responsibly use it and my parents paying the bill) at 16 years of age. This was obviously a recipe for disaster for me.

I believe in the power of prayer and I have created a prayer request blog for those who are struggling with debt: http://prayerrequestsfromjanie.blogspot.com/.

Who I am not? I am NOT a financial advisor and I am NOT a psychologist. This is NOT a place for advice about stocks, bonds, mutual funds, IRAs, retirement accounts, etc. This blog is a place for me to publicly tell my story and hopefully help you in the process. I want to give back the information and wisdom from my acquired "debt street smarts" that I learned along the way.

At the end of each post, I will give a few action items for you to do. I would suggest having a personal journal, email account, blog, or whatever you use to write your thoughts. If you don't write your thoughts down I would really recommend doing so. It has helped me so much in this journey of getting myself out of debt.

Action Items:

1. What was your first experience with credit cards?

2. Who taught you about money?


In the next post, I will share with how my first experience with a credit card shaped my views about money.

Best wishes,

Janie

4 comments:

  1. It's fantastic that you have started this blog. There are many out there who are in the situation you were in and desperately keen to get out of credit card debt! Thanks and keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the feedback. I love hearing from everyone who reads my blog. I promise to keep it coming! :o) I want to help as many people as I possibly can. I felt that by starting this blog I could accomplish that goal. Thank you again for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this blog and I'm so excited to read it entirely. I have about $30,000 worth of debt and would like to get rid of it before I also get married. I want to bring good things to the table when I start the next chapter of my life, so I'm so thankful to have found this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a courageous act! We truly learn when we give back to others, don't we? Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...