Thursday, June 25, 2009

How I feel about budgeting?

How I feel about budgeting? Personally, I dislike budgeting. I would rather go to the dentist than budget on a weekly or monthly basis. This maybe part of the reason that I got into debt to begin with. Back then I didn't know what was coming in or going out each month. How do I feel now about budgeting? Well, lets just say that I know it is necessary in order to stay on track and save for my future goals. In the future, I plan to discuss how I budget and how I live within my means on a daily basis.

Do I write all of my expenses down? Yes! I write everything down in a mini spiral notebook that I keep in my purse. I just write the date, vendor, and cost. For example, a line in my notebook would look like this: 6/12/2009 McDonalds $5.65. This is very helpful for me to see where my money is going daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly.

I would also like to bring your attention to a new link that I have added to this blog. The link is to the experts page on Yahoo Finance you can click here to view the experts. I particularly like reading the Laura Rowley - Money & Happiness articles. After reading her articles, I always leave feeling as if I have learned something new from her posts. Plus it gives me another perspective on money and life and happiness.

Action Items:

1. What types of purchases do you use your credit cards for?

2. Do you use cash? When do you use cash?

Best wishes,

Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...